We’re getting close to this year’s Montreat Youth Conference trip! Here are all the final details you need to be ready to go on the 22nd!
Departure We will meet in the Youth Lounge at 1 pm on Sunday July 22nd. We’ll have a quick meeting and then get on the road to Montreat.
Forms Everyone needs to complete their Montreat Covenant by clicking this link: Online Registration. If you have not yet completed a DCPC Medical Info & Covenant form yet, please print and fill out this form (if you’re not sure if you filled one out, please ask!).
Jeremiah Project Jeremiah Project assists Keynote with various on-stage responsibilities. If you are interested in applying for JP, complete this application by July 15.
Variety Show Considering entering an act into the Variety Show? See Matt for application info.
- DCPC Forms
- Shirts & shorts
- Pants or jeans (in case you are on stage)
- Shoes (bring something pretty sturdy–lots of walking and hills, plus hiking and rock hopping!)
- Jacket or fleece
- Socks & undergarments
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Toiletries (linens provided)
- Bible, notebook, pen/pencil
- Water bottle
- Medicines & prescriptions
- Money (merchandise, snacks, offering, etc)
- Snacks to share with the group
- Swimsuit and towel (for pool, optional)
Dress Code As we build a Christian community based on mutual trust and respect, Montreat Conference Center seeks to respect the choices of individuals in expressing themselves while setting norms to establish an atmosphere conducive to faith development and personal growth. Throughout the Youth Conference, participants are discouraged from wearing clothing that:
- is too revealing (e.g., clothing that is too tight or transparent; clothing with extremely short hem-lines; shirts that reveal a bare midriff; visible undergarments).
- advertises alcohol, tobacco products or other substances abusive to the body.
- contains language or images that ridicule a person’s gender, sexuality, or geographic/ethnic origin.
Daily Themes Each year our graduated seniors lead us in (optional) clothing themes to add a bit of fun to the packing list and some group bonding:
Mountain Monday (wear something lumberjack related)
Timeless Tuesday (sport the fashions of your favorite decade)
Western Wednesday (cowboy stuff!)
Extraterrestrial Thursday (outer-space and sci-fi stuff)
Film Friday (wear something from or related to a favorite film)
Communion This year communion will be served on Friday. Some participants like to dress up for worship services with communion but this is definitely not required.
Return We will be back about 12:30 pm on Saturday July 28th.