Saturday, September 29 – 50 For Freedom Event
Support Pastor Robert in this important initiative. Here’s how you can participate:
1) A Sign-Up Genius allows you to sign-up to run, walk, or bike one or more of the 10 loops – each one beginning and ending at the Davidson Village Green. For more details, visit: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0c4dabaf2fabfc1-50forfreedom
2) You are also invited to raise funds to help reach the $50,000 goal. We recommend beginning with a personal goal of $100. An individual or business may become a Loop Sponsor with a donation of $1000 or more. Checks should be made out to Lily Pad Haven and can be brought to the event the day of the run. Donations may also be made online by visiting https://runningonfaith.org/make-a-donation/.
3) Please help us spread the word! By sharing this link with others, you can help us make a difference through our running, fundraising, and advocacy.
Saturday, September 29, 9 AM – 2 PM Hurricane Relief Buckets
Charlotte Presbytery Community Disaster Response Team Flood Bucket Inventory for Hurricane Relief- Helpers are needed to inventory and sort supplies to be delivered to hurricane victims. The flood cleanup bucket inventory will take place from 9 am-2 pm on Saturday, Sept. 29 at Gilwood Presbyterian Church at 2993 Odell School Rd., Concord 28027. Please email Karen Gadwah at email@example.com to volunteer. I am driving there from Davidson in the morning if anyone wants to ride with me (firstname.lastname@example.org). If we get a big group I will see if the church bus is available!
Sunday, September 30, 6:30 PM Sandwich Making for Urban Ministries
Stay a few minutes after Youth Group next week and help us make 100 sandwiches so someone who might not otherwise have lunch on Monday can have a sandwich.
Saturday, October 13, 8 AM CROP Walk
Join our group at Charlotte’s CROP HUNGER WALK. Transportation provided from DCPC at 8:00 a.m. It’s this easy! You can WALK or you can DONATE: Go to charlottecropwalk.org or contact Harriet Regen at email@example.com to register or make a donation!
September and October Food Pantry for Hurricane Relief
Every Sunday there is a grocery cart that usually is empty, at the rear ramp entrance and at the entrance to Lingle Chapel and the sanctuary steps. Items collected go to Loaves & Fishes food pantry locally. The food pantry network is sharing what they receive with the affected hurricane victims in other counties in the state. Our Carolina neighbors still need bottled water, canned goods and other non-perishable foods, batteries, hygiene items, etc…
Ongoing Community Opportunities
Looking for some ways to serve in our community? Find something that you’re excited about and sign up in advance!
- Ada Jenkins LEARN Works After school tutoring needs older high school volunteers. Email Leslie Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Urban Ministry Center Lots of options! Click here to get involved.
- Serve drinks on weekends
- Make, deliver, and distribute bagged lunches on weekends
- Work in the garden
- Collect basic living supplies for residents of “Housing Works”
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina Sort donations on Saturdays from 9a to noon. For ages 13+ (need 1 adult for every 4 students). Please sign up several weeks in advance.
- Urban Farm’s Friendship Garden at Garinger High School Workdays are 2nd and 4th Saturdays from 10am to 2pm March through October. You need to do the online signup a couple of weeks in advance.
- Crisis Assistance Ministry Call the Volunteer Manager at 704-371-3001, ext. 147 to schedule.
- Provide breakfast or lunch to waiting families.
- Inspect, sort, and stock donated items in the Free Store.
- Hope House Foundation (Huntersville) “Service Saturdays” Email Volunteer Coordinator several weeks in advance at: email@example.com