Are you looking for a new way to hear from God or pray to God during Lent this year? Your phone is a great tool to help you connect with God, especially when you set reminders to make sure you don’t forget! Here are some favorite apps that can give you some direction when hearing from God or praying to God:
- Inner Room This app was created by the same people behind 24/7 Prayer Rooms and it includes a way to track prayer requests and then will randomly select requests and guide you in prayer and listening through audio prompts.
- Ceaseless Each day you will be prompted to pray for 3 (or more) contacts on your phone. This is a great way to pray for a variety of people (and your favorite pizza shop).
- 365 Gratitude Listing 3 things that we are grateful for on a daily basis has been scientifically proven to have a ton of positive effects on our brain and mood! This app gives daily prompts and space to record what we are thankful for.
- Bible App YouVersion’s Bible app has a ton of different Bible translations in addition to reading plans which will prompt you every day to read scripture and a quick devotion to help you understand what you’ve read. You can even find reading plans that go along with Youth Group series!
- Daily Prayer This app is put out by the PC(USA) and has daily Bible readings that follow the Revised Common Lectionary in addition to prayer prompts for throughout the day.
- Reimagining the Examen The examen is an ancient form of prayer that guides us through reflection on our day and discovering where God was and was not present. This guided examen includes prayer and reflection prompts.
- DCPC Lenten Devotions Not technically an app, but you an get daily emails with Lenten devotions written by DCPC members and staff that will include scripture and reflection.