We’re getting close to this year’s Montreat Youth Conference trip! Here are all the final details you need to be ready to go on the 24th!
Departure If you are joining us in the bus, we will meet behind the Congregation House to leave at 3:30 pm on Sunday July 24th.
COVID Testing If possible, please take a COVID test before joining us on Sunday. Also, if you have some extra COVID tests to bring, that would be helpful as well.
Masking Based on the number of people at the conference (800+) and a fairly high rate of COVID sharing in previous weeks of the youth and music & worship conferences, we are asking all DCPC participants to mask while indoors when mixing with other groups (keynote, small groups, connect groups, and worship). Masking while at our house or outdoors is not required.
- Masks (at least one per day)
- Shirts & shorts
- Pants or jeans (in case you are on stage)
- Shoes (bring something pretty sturdy–lots of walking and hills, plus hiking and rock hopping!)
- Jacket or fleece
- Socks & undergarments
- Swimsuit (for the pool, optional)
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Toiletries (linens provided)
- Bible, notebook, pen/pencil
- Flashlight (optional)
- Water bottle
- Medicines & prescriptions
- Money (merchandise, snacks, offering, etc)
- Snacks to share with the group
- Board/card games (optional)
Dress Code As we build a Christian community based on mutual trust and respect, Montreat Conference Center seeks to respect the choices of individuals in expressing themselves while setting norms to establish an atmosphere conducive to faith development and personal growth. Throughout the Youth Conference, participants are discouraged from wearing clothing that:
- is too revealing (e.g., clothing that is too tight or transparent; clothing with extremely short hem-lines; shirts that reveal a bare midriff; visible undergarments).
- advertises alcohol, tobacco products or other substances abusive to the body.
- contains language or images that ridicule a person’s gender, sexuality, or geographic/ethnic origin.
Communion This year communion will be served on Wednesday. Some participants like to dress up for worship services with communion, but this is not required.
Housing We are staying in a private house and students will be sharing rooms. The house is not air conditioned, but we are looking at cool weather and an older house which deals well with the heat. The house has fans, but feel free to bring one for yourself if you would like.
Return We will be back around noon on Saturday July 30th.