WHAT MATTERS MOST
Or: My Kid Is Dressed, Had a Bath This Week, and I’m Here Within 15 Minutes of the Start Time, What More Do You Want?
Bottom Line Who kids know is stickier than what kids know.
Here are some helpful links mentioned this morning:
- Soul Searching & Souls in Transition Books that share results from the National Study of Youth & Religion
- Sticky Faith: Everyday Ideas to Build Lasting Faith in Your Kids
- Five Photo Frame
Big Next Steps for Parents
We believe that every parent wants to be a good parent and is willing to take a next step in that direction, if it’s a good next steps. The list below are some of the big ways DCPC wants to partner with you in growing as a parent. Feel free to take advantage of none or all of them as the appeal and work for you!
- Connect Horizontally Develop relationships with other parents
- Parents Group meets during Youth Group; coordinators are Andrea Cruz-Solano & Hunter Busse
- Connections meets 9:45-10:45 am on Sundays; coordinator is Lacey Dellinger
- Grow Intentionally Build your parenting knowledge base
- PHASE Videos Playlist (Feel free to share with family and friends but please do not share on social media)
- Parenting Your . . . 0-Preschool | Elementary
- Parent Cue Live (Seminar) Forest Hill Church in Charlotte on 11/9 7-9 pm
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity (Book) is the source of the 5 Family Values (i.e. Widen the Circle, Fight for the Heart, etc.)
- Authentic Parents Retreat Montreat 2/8-10
- Connect Vertically Create a weekly rhythm of worship
- DCPC on Facebook livestreams the 11 am service
- Serve Faithfully Be conspicuous about doing good with your family
- Remind Regularly Subscribe to frequent reminders of what is most important