Bottom Line Comfort comes from community.
Scripture Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV).
Questions for Conversation/Reflection
- When things aren’t going well, what are you most prone to do: pretend like everything’s great, get really quiet, or become hyper and loud?
- All of us try to hide our pain in some way or another. Why do you think we do that?
- How would you define the word comfort (without using the word comfort)?
- In what ways have you seen God use people to comfort other people?
- How does going through pain put you in a unique position to help others going through pain of their own?
- What are some ways you can look for comfort when you go through something painful?
- Name one way you could comfort people who are going through difficult circumstances? What would hold you back from doing that?