Bottom Line When life is hard, God says to comfort others.
Scripture All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NLT).
Questions for Conversation/Reflection
- Where’s one place you’d hate to be alone?
- What’s one reason someone might feel alone?
- What comforts you when you’re hurting?
- How can we find comfort in God when we’re hurting?
- How can we tell if someone around us is hurting?
- Why is it sometimes difficult to comfort other people when they’re hurting?
- Why do you think God wants us to comfort each other?
- What’s one thing you can do this week to show comfort to someone who needs it?